This amazingly easy dip has all the flavors of the classic green goddess dressing.
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 1 8 -ounce package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3 scallions (white and light green parts), roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Hot sauce
- 1 round or oval loaf sourdough bread (about 8 inches)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Crackers and/or crudites, for serving
- Pulse the shrimp in a food processor until finely chopped but not pureed. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cream cheese, dill, tarragon, parsley, scallions, mayonnaise and sour cream to the food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the shrimp along with the lemon zest and juice; mix well. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, a few grinds of pepper, and hot sauce to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Using a small serrated knife, hollow out the bread loaf, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell; set aside. Slice the cut-out bread into pieces and arrange on a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil and add a few dashes of hot sauce. Bake until toasted, 5 to 8 minutes. Fill the loaf with the dip and top with dill. Serve with the toasted bread and crackers and/or crudites.
Photograph by Levi Brown
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine