This sliceable side dish is great at room temperature and perfect for potlucks.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup grated muenster cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped whole-milk mozzarella cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a shallow 2-quart baking dish; set aside. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs for al dente. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl; add the butter and toss until melted.
- Whisk the half-and-half, eggs, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Add the pasta, 1 1/2 cups cheddar, the muenster, provolone and mozzarella; toss.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar. Bake until bubbling around the edges and no longer jiggly, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool about 30 minutes before slicing.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine