A light and delicious dip!
1 pound carrots (cut into 2-inch pieces)
1 halved shallot
1/4 cup white miso paste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
2 chopped scallions
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Sesame seeds for garnish
- Toss carrots and shallot with vegetable oil and kosher salt on a baking sheet.
- Roast at 425 degrees F until tender, 25 minutes; let cool slightly.
- Transfer to a food processor; add 1/2 cup water, white miso paste, fresh ginger, scallions, vegetable oil, rice vinegar and soy sauce.
- Puree until smooth, then transfer to a bowl and top with sesame seeds and more scallions.
- Serve with rice crackers.