Switch up your fall meals with this delicious salad that includes spinach, apples, cashews and cranberries!
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 4 cups of spinach
- 6 cups of Romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup cashews
- 4 oz. finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1-2 apples chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3cup oil
Or if preferred, use can use your favorite pre-made poppy seed dressing.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- If you are making your own dressing, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard and salt in a blender until smooth and well blended. With machine running, add oil and blend until thick and smooth. Mix in poppy seeds.
- Pour dressing (homemade or bought) over salad and toss.