This easy coleslaw blends the tangy flavor of vinegar and onions with the sweetness of apples for a side dish that perfectly complements grilled pork, chicken, or beef.
- 3 cups thinly shredded green cabbage
- 3 cups thinly shredded red cabbage
- 2 medium-sized apples, diced
- Half a medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup carrot, shredded
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp poppyseeds
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 4-5 teaspoons of sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix mayo, apple cider vinegar, poppyseeds, mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine cabbage, apple, carrots, onion, and celery. Toss well. Pour mayo, vinegar, and olive oil mixture over your slaw and stir to coat evenly. Set aside and let sit for at least 10-15 minutes before serving.