An easy to make low carb recipe that resembles everyone’s favorite pasta.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup marina sauce or pasta sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on a baking sheet and roast until flesh is easily shreddable, 40-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook meat of choice in a medium saucepan with onion and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, pasta sauce and seasonings. Simmer 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Once roasted, run a fork along squash to create noodle-like strands and add to meat mixture.
- Place in casserole dish (or back into squash halves) and top with cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly.